Spiritual abuse includes any kind of religious teaching or practice that diminishes your human rights, isolates you from the wider world, or systematically places you in positions of low power. I modeled these affirmations for healing spiritual abuse on those found in Jessica and Nick Ortner’s The Tapping Solution courses. Say them aloud or read them silently as you tap your body, gently, in a left-right-left-right motion: on the outsides of your knees, the outer edge of your eyes, your temples, your collarbone, and under your arms. You can also watch a tapping demo here.
- Even though I have hurt places inside; and even though this old hurt causes me pain today; I love and accept myself.
- Even though I still carry old hurt from my childhood; and even though I still feel this old hurt in my anxiety, my depression, my shame, my difficulty with relationships; I love and accept myself.
- Even though old teaching made me feel I wasn’t good enough, I see goodness in me and I know I am enough.
- Even though that old teaching made me feel shameful and unlovable, I now know I am good and lovable.
- Even though the old message taught me not to make myself a priority, I now realize I need to first be aware of my feelings and my needs – so that I can care for myself. I now realize I must care for myself first.
- Even though the old message made me feel insignificant, I now see that I matter.
- Even though the old message taught me that I wasn’t inherently lovable, I now know that I am lovable. I deserve to be loved and nurtured.
- And even though I still sometimes feel ashamed of my needs, ashamed of my feelings; I know that my need for love, touch, validation, rest, emotional expression, and understanding are an essential part of being alive.
- I don’t always know what to do about the part of me that still hurts; I worry I will always have this pain; I wish I could be the person I’ve always wanted to be, but the fear and anxiety keep me stuck in old ways of seeing myself, stuck in old ways of feeling and moving about in the world.
- Maybe I can let go of the fear.
- Maybe I can trust my inner wisdom.
- Maybe I already have the solution to all that old pain inside me.
- I now open my awareness to Divine wisdom and love.
- I open my awareness to who I really am.
- Even though I’ve been so busy trying to be someone else’s version of me; I start to recognize my true self now.
- My true inner self loves unconditionally.
- My true inner self knows everything about me, and still loves me.
- My true inner self knows what I’ve been through and understands my pain.
- My true inner self helps me grow.
- My true inner self connects me with Divine love, wisdom, and creation.
- I accept my true inner self and I allow it to become more and more familiar to me.
- Even though I haven’t always been in touch with this part of me, my true inner self keeps me company and nudges me toward higher consciousness and calm.
- My true inner self helps me move toward greater awareness and creativity.
- My true inner self understands me completely and knows the wisdom of every part of my life and being.
My novel, Wife Material, tells the story of one girl who exits spiritual abuse and says yes to her true inner self . . . which changes everything.
[dacta url=”http://www.amazon.com/Wife-Material-Novel-Misbehavior-Freedom-ebook/dp/B014VP2SXQ” text=”Read Wife Material”]