Deborah Cox Published Articles
Articles Deborah has written or contributed to:
Papers and Publications:
- Gosselink, C., Cox., D. L., McClure, S., & DeJong, M. (2008). Ravishing or ravaged: Women’s relationships with women in the context of aging and Western beauty culture. International Journal of Aging and Human Development.
- Cox, D. L., Bray, E., Gosselink, C., & Short, G. (June, 2008). Women’s relationships and the hegemony of Western beauty culture. Symposium presentation at the annual conference of the National Women’s Studies Association, Cincinnati, OH.
- Gosselink, C., Cox, D. L., & McClure, S. (March, 2008). Aging and women’s relationships across the beauty divide. Paper presentation at the Aging in America Conference.
- Lanza, Stabb, Cox, D. L., & Fardy (2007). Anger management. In B. Ackley, G. Ladwig, B. A. Swan, & Tucker, S. A clinical guide to evidence-based practice in nursing. Mosby/Elsevier. *Selected ANA Book of the Year, 2008.
- Bray, E., Cantrell, C., Parsons, A., Cox, D., Gosselink, C., & Short, G. (June, 2007). Women’s Relationships Across the Beauty Divide: Towards Therapeutic Consciousness-Raising. Presentation at the Jean Baker Miller Training Institute Annual Research Conference, June 21, 2007, Stone Center, Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA.
- Cox, D., Gosselink, C., & Robles-Piňa, R. (August, 2007). Double Binds in Women’s Experience of Beauty and Each Other. Symposium paper presented at the 115th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, CA.
- Cox, D. L., Jones, Y., Schluckebier, L., Smith, V., Dour, J., Bryan, M., Roetto, A., & Simmons, J. (2006). Just between us: Mothers and daughters in U.S. beauty culture. Paper presented at the 114th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, New Orleans, LA..
- Cox, D. L., & St. Clair, S. (2005). A new perspective on women’s anger: Therapy through the lens of anger diversion. Women & Therapy, 28 (2), 77-90.
- Cox, D. L., Simmons, J., Lafferty, B., Hart, N., Moran, A., Fiorella, M., & McClure, S. (2005, August). Skin deep: Women’s relationships with women in U.S. beauty culture. Poster presented at the 113th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, Washington, DC.
- Cox, D. L., Van Velsor, P., & Hulgus, J. F. (2004). Who me, angry? Diversion patterns in women. Healthcare for Women International. 25, 872-893.
- Cox, D. L., Van Velsor, P., Hulgus, J. F., Davis, C., Dickens, D., Smenner, M., & Weatherman, S. (2004). What’s the use in getting mad? Instrumentality and anger in women’s relationships. Healthcare for Women International. 25, 813-834.
- Cox, D. L., Bruckner, K. H., & Stabb, S. D. (2003). The anger advantage. Broadway-Doubleday Books/Random House, New York, NY.
- Van Velsor, P., & Cox, D. L. (2001). Anger as a vehicle in the treatment of women who are sexual abuse survivors. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 32 (6), 618-625.
- Cox, D. L. (2001) Redefining women’s aggression through a study of force-in-relation. (Invited Review) Psychology of Women Quarterly 25 (1).
- Cox, D. L., Stabb, S. D., & Hulgus, J. F. (2000). Anger suppression and depression in girls and boys: A study of gender differences. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 24, 110-112.
- Cox, D. L., Stabb, S. D., & Bruckner, K. H. (1999). Women’s anger: Clinical and developmental perspectives. Washington, D.C.:Brunner-Mazel.
Like to Subscribe?
Get notified when Deborah shares new ideas, art, and creative health information for you.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
We respect your privacy. No information will be shared.