I just learned something: getting more of what we want happens when we shift into the right mindset to receive . . . Receiving Mode. We want intimacy, creativity, close friendships, satisfying work, a healthy family . . . a healthy community, nation, and world. Receiving Mode allows us to draw the right people, situations, and energy to us, creating the opportunities and relationships that ring all our bells and generate happiness all around us. Life is chock full of miracles and love.
I sort of knew this part. But I forgot, in the heart-stomping of this historical moment.
Here’s what I just learned: we practice Receiving Mode by getting a scalp massage. When we spend time in Receiving Mode, doing easy, our feet in the grass – our faces to the sunshine, we get ready to receive. As we get ready, those happy outcomes, love, beauty, friends, and even money, flow naturally toward us.
So in honor of St. Valentine, patron saint of happy couples, I make a new kind of to-do list, to get us ready to receive love.
- Get a pedicure (doing this right now).
- Go outside and breathe.
- Meditate 10 minutes before bedtime.
- Walk for pleasure in a beautiful place.
- Sit with our furry friends.
- Get some EMDR therapy.
- Do nothing. Stretch. Do more of nothing.
- Stare at the moon and know it’s a personal gift.
- Do a little yoga.
- Get out the watercolors and mix a new shade.
- Close our eyes and listen to Mendelssohn.
- Make a list of our favorite people.
Get ready to receive your heart’s desire. Even if you can’t see it now. Get ready. It’s coming. You are loved. Happy Valentine’s Day.Contact Deborah